My Journey Through The Mother Land

Saturday, November 8, 2008

One Year Later

As the eve of my sons first birthday arrived I found myself reflecting on what was happening a year ago. Preparing for his arrival, my feelings, being admitted to the hospital, etc. I even brought my husband into the reflection by checking the time and talking about what he was doing and feeling. I woke in the middle of the night (around 2) and crept into my sons room. I scooped him up into my arms and held him. I couldn't see him very well, but I sort of rocked him and reminisced about holding him at the same time one year ago. He was born at 1:43 so I wasn't too far off. I felt so much love and joy and truly realized how big he has grown. I kissed his head and whispered, "Happy Birthday...I love you so much."After a few minutes I gently laid him back in bed and went back to try and sleep.

It is SO easy to talk about the pains and the not so appealing things I endured while pregnant or giving birth etc. but it is also SO easy to forget. Overall, this has been an amazing journey. A wonderful first year, and a memorable occupation. I am SO blessed to be a mother and to have this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment