My Journey Through The Mother Land

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mad Gab Madness

If you've ever played the game "Mad Gab" you'll know how fun and slightly perplexing it can be.

The game takes a phrase like, "my kojak sun" and players have to guess the common name or phrase. For the example above the answer is: Michael Jackson.

I am convinced this game was made by a mother of a talking toddler. Today I found myself waiting for the game buzzer as I repeatedly asked my son to repeat what he was saying so that I could decode his message.

It sounded like he was saying:

"Arundel Basil Width Caddy"

You can imagine the blank stare on my face, until I figured out his completely random statement. The answer to our Mad Gab moment Trivia was:

"I Run The Bases With Daddy!"

Oh, he was reminding me that he had the opportunity to run the bases, after the game, on the Baysox field in Maryland when we were visiting my mother.

I know with all the practice I am getting, someday I will be a Mad Gab Champion!

4 comments:

  1. you hit it right on the nose. that is exactly how it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Funny! I want you on my team when we play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is too funny because I posted about the exact same thing about a year ago (it was just on my old blog). But I talked about how deciphering toddler phrases was like playing mad gab! I guess great minds thing alike, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Christmas card. Your little ones are adorable!! I tried to view your family blog, but couldn't. Could you send an invite? My email is kristisueritchey@aol.com Thanks and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete