My Journey Through The Mother Land

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rest Assured Restroom Experience....


Its obvious by now that I worry like a schizophrenic. So its no wonder as we were ALMOST finished grocery shopping my son starts doing the pee pee dance. The faster the dance, the less time I have to prepare!

I quickly start talking to him, trying to distract him as I bee-line my way to the nearest restroom....AND?

Closed for maintenance and cleaning! My mother & husband can attest that this particular grocery store is ALWAYS cleaning their bathrooms at the worst possible time!

I used the only other option I had left: the men's room.

My darling freshly 3 year old hopped out of the cart and in a loud voice (standing next to the opening of the restroom) I announced to him, "Hurry and use the potty and if ANYONE touches you--yell for mommy & I will help you!"

After he was out of site I felt like saying, "if you even think about touching my kid I'm gonna snap you in half!"

My adrenaline was pumping overtime and I was ready to go....

Through my deafening heartbeat I could detect that my son was alone, and sensed relief pouring over me. But I wish I could have seen what I looked like to the male passerby's with an aura that must have screamed, "Next bathroom, buddy!"

It was a successful public bathroom trip for my son, and frankly I was exhausted. So, I can rest for now, that is, until the next worse case scenario enters my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment